Saturday, December 2, 2023

Parachute


A small private plane was flying with three passengers on board: the Pope, a rich businessman, and a boy scout. 

Suddenly, the engine sputtered and stopped altogether. They all rushed to get their parachutes. They were horrified to realize that there were not enough parachutes for all of them. One of them will be left without one. 

The pilot took one, saying, “I have a wife and two kids. They need me.” And off he jumped. 

The businessman, seeing that the boy was holding a parachute, grabbed it away from him, saying, “I am a very important person in this world. I must not die!’ And putting the straps on his shoulders, he quickly jumped out of the plane. 

Only the Pope and the boy were left on the plane. The Pope told the boy, “Son, take the last parachute. I am old and I have no family. I’m ready to leave this world. You are still young and have a great future. Save your life.” 

The boy, with a naughty smile, said, “Don’t worry, Holy Father. There are still two parachutes left. The 'very important man in the world’ just jumped out wearing my knapsack!"