Sunday, September 4, 2022

I'm All Over It

There is a phrase that is used to describe someone who is anxious and eager to handle a situation. You might hear it in the context of a coworker suggesting to another that something needs to be done. The other worker in response says, "I'm all over it!" With that phrase they are saying, "There is no need to worry. I have it covered, I have it under control, I understand the situation, and I am taking care of it."

The world would be a different place if we as believers could respond to the question: "How is your prayer life?" with the answer, "I'm all over it!"

Can you respond in that way?

In Ephesians 6:18 we read the following words, "With every prayer and request, pray at all times in the Spirit, and stay alert in this, with all perseverance and intercession for all the saints" (HCSB). This is one of the Bible's amazing verses on prayer. When you examine it closely you discover some guidelines on how to have an effective and exciting prayer life. The words of the verse remind us of some things to get "all over" as we pray.