Thursday, November 22, 2018

Hidden by the Leaves

As I look out the window I see the trees.  Their trunks, limbs, and branches are bare.  They look really beautiful against the clear sky, so different from when they are hidden by all the leaves.

At the end of November, we remember our dead, particularly those who died in the past year.  And I think that one day I will appear before the Lord with all my leaves gone, all those things that hide me from myself and from others.  Just the bare me.  I hope the Lord will see some beauty in me also.

This thought reminds me to repent and prepare for that meeting.

That's one of the things Advent is for.  The Holy Season of Advent is very near and Advent ends with our commemoration of the birth of our beloved Savior.  That's where my hope is, in His coming.  I trust that's where your hope is also.