Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Lord, make me an instrument of your Serenity

Lord, make me an instrument of your Serenity
Where there is addiction, let me bring Recovery
Where there is shame, let me bring Healing
Where there is hatred, let me bring Love 
Where there is hurt, let me bring Forgiveness 
Where there is prejudice, let me bring acceptance
Where there is denial, let me bring Honesty 
Where there is fear, let me bring Courage
Where there is doubt, let me bring Faith 
Where there is despair, let me bring Hope 
Where there is darkness, let me bring Light 
Where there is sadness, let me bring Joy

Lord, grant that I may seek
Not so much to be comforted, but to Comfort others
Not so much to be understood, as to Understand others
Not so much to be loved, as to Love others
For it is in Giving that we receive
For it is by Forgiving, that we are Released from resentments
For it is by Living in God’s love, that we are granted a Daily Reprieve
And it is by Dying to our old life, that we Awaken to a New Life of Spirituality. Amen